Sign up with your developer that corresponds with your cell phone (Nokia, Sony-Ericcson, etc.) to discover the capabilities of your phone and post your phone stats to your journal page.
I signed up with SonyEricsson and downloaded the development tools for my t610. My phone stats are as follows:
1. Your name: Mohit SantRam
2. User name or nick name: Mo
3. Cell phone number: 917.701.6051
4. Cell phone carrier: T-Mobile
[cell phone number + cell phone carrier = SMS delivery] 5. Make and model # of your cell phone with a link or written description or your cell phone specifications: Sony Ericsson t610
* The T610 features a high-resolution screen with 65,536 colors
* Comes with MMS, which allows you to compose your messages using images, sounds and text
* Supports the Java and Mophun platforms, making the widest range of mobile games and applications available for you to download
* Supporting Bluetooth, infrared and cable, the T610 is fully compatible with any computer. Your phone books and calendars will stay synchronized and updated
* With a built-in camera and QuickShare software, you take pictures and store them on your computer or send them to friends all in a few simple steps
* Unit Weight: 3.35 oz.
* Size (in inches): 1.73 x 4.02 x 0.75
User Interface: Backlit, Clock, Text Message Indicator, Voice Mail Button, Voice Mail Indicator, Volume Select/Display, Signal Strength Indicator
Size & Weight: 4.02 x 1.73 x 0.75 inches, 3.35 oz.
Call Management: Call Timers, Redial, Missed Call Indicator, Call Log, Voice Activated Dialing, Any-Key Answer, Auto-Answer, Speed Dial, Mute Control, Vibrating Ring, Differential Ring
Phone Book Capacity: 512 entries
Advanced Messaging: SMS Messaging Two Way, Text Messaging
Web & Data Features: Modem, Call Restrictions, Lock Alarm
Power: Battery Strength Indicator
Minimum Rated Standby Time: 315 hours
Minimum Rated Talk Time: 840 minutes
Battery Cell Composition: Polymer
Charging Time: 1.5 hours
Extras: Headphone Jack, Alarm, Voice Memo
Network Compatibility: GSM
Components: Includes Charger, Battery, and Sync Software
6. The services ordinary and enhanced of your carrier subscription plan.
Get More 1000 plan
Whenever minutes (per month): 1000 minutes
Weekend minutes (per month): N/A
Weeknight minutes (per month): N/A
Mobile-to-mobile minutes (per month): N/A
Additional minutes: 40: N/A
This plan includes the following services: Built-in Paging, Call Waiting and Call Hold, Caller ID, Conference Calling, Detailed Billing, Enhanced VoiceMail, Web Browser
300 Text Messages – Allows you to send, receive, and reply to text messages (up to 140 characters) using your phone. Messages may be sent to and from any T-Mobile phone or e-mail address. $0.05 per additional text message.
7. As well as the assignments in Week One at http://stage.itp.nyu.edu/~smb5/cellphonia.php